This wine has its origins in the ‘criaderas’ of the old Bodegas José Pemartín & Cia. dating back to 1810.
Must from Palomino grapes is supplemented with alcohol up to 15º (encabezado) and then aged biologically, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’, which gives the wine fruity aromas and a taste of finesse.
In the second oxidative phase at 18º of alcohol, the wine acquires roundness of nose and taste, turning its color from amber to mahogany.
- Wine class: Generous wine
- Wine type: Jerez Amontillado
- Grape: Palomino
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Biologic, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’, and afterwards oxidative
- Age: More than 3 years, under the ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 18º.
- Color: Amber to mahogany
- Nose: Sharp and toned
- Taste: Sharp and light.
- Temperature: Serve at 14º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: White meat, blue fish, ham, cured cheese. With vegetables like asparagus and artichokes it can tender sublime moments.