This wine has its origins in the ‘criaderas’ of the old Bodegas José Pemartín & Cia. dating back to 1810.
Must from Palomino grapes is supplemented with alcohol up to 18º (encabezado) and then oxidatively aged in American oak casks for more than 5 years.
Wine’s characteristics are its color from amber to mahogany, the fragrant nose and dry mouthfeel.
- Wine class: Generous wine
- Wine type: Jerez Oloroso
- Grape: Palomino
- Soil: Albariza, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Oxidative
- Age: More than 3 years, under the ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 18º.
- Color: Amber to mahogany
- Nose: Sharp
- Taste: Dry and full-bodied.
- Temperature: Serve at 16º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Game or red meats, ham and very cured cheese.