Amontillado Fino Imperial Vors
- Wine class: Generous wine.
- Wine type Jerez Amontillado
- Grape: Palomino Fino,
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: 5 years biological, from the 6th year oxidative.
- Age: More than 30 years, under the ‘Soleras y criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 600 liter American oak casks.
- Alcohol: 18%.
- Color: Very old gold tending to amber
- Nose: Avellanado, profundo, persistente.
- Taste: Nutty, profound, persistent.
- Temperature: Serve at 14º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Soups, white meats, blue fish, ham, cured cheeses. With vegetables like asparagus and artichokes it can tender sublime moments.
AMONTILLADO FINO IMPERIAL VORS
(94 Points by Robert Parker- WINE ADVOCATE)
This wine’s aging has its origins in the old Bodegas ‘DIEZ HERMANOS”, established in 1.876. It is first aged biologically at 15º of alcohol, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’. This gives the wine the slightly sharp touch as well as the yeast and walnut smooth tones.
The ‘flor’ is naturally lost through the 30 year aging process in American oak casks, thus provoking the exposition of the wine to the air. With the lose of this protection, the wine develops a series of new organoleptic characteristics, turning its color from pale yellow to amber, acquiring also vanilla, nuts and fine woods aromas and also reaching naturally 18º of alcohol. The final result is a truly surprising experience.