Pedro Ximénez Bertola
- Wine class: Natural sweet wine
- Wine type: Jerez Pedro Ximenez
- Grape: Pedro Ximenez
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Oxidative.
- Age: More than 12 years, under the ‘Soleras y criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 15%.
- Color: Dark Mahogany.
- Nose: Raisins
- Taste: Very sweet and smooth.
- Temperature: Serve at 17º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Blue cheese, dark cocoa, medium sweet desserts and ice cream.
PEDRO XIMENEZ BERTOLA 12 YEARS
This wine has its origins in the old Bodegas Bertola, established in 1919.
Grapes from the Pedro Ximenez variety are sun dried in a process called ‘pasificación’ (raisining).
After more than 12 years of aging in ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system, the original density and color is increased, resulting in a dark profound mahogany.
The aroma is profound raisin and the taste is sweet, vigorous and well balanced.