AMONTILLADO BERTOLA 12 YEARS
This wine has its origins in the old Bodegas Bertola, established in 1919.
First it is aged biologically at 15º of alcohol, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’.
This gives the wine the slightly sharp touch as well as the smooth tones of yeast and fruit. In the second oxidative phase, the wine develops a series of new organoleptic characteristics.
It turns its color from pale yellow to amber, acquires vanilla, nuts, spicy and wood aromas and reaches naturally 18º of alcohol.
This wine is exquisitely complex and ready to stand out in different contexts, contributing with its personality to a great variety of dishes, smoked meats, cured cheese, white meats, blue fish, ham, spicy food, etc. With vegetables like asparagus and artichokes it can tender sublime moments.
- Wine class: Generous wine
- Wine type: Jerez Amontillado
- Grape: Palomino Fino.
- Soil: Albariza soil Jerez Superior.
- Aging: 5 years biological and afterwards up to 9 years oxidative.
- Age: More than 12 years, under the ‘Soleras y criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 18%.
- Color: Old gold tending to amber
- Nose: Sharp, profound, persistent.
- Taste: Smooth and light.
- Temperature: Serve at 14º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: White meats, blue fish, ham, cured cheese and vegetables like asparagus and artichokes.