This wine has its origins in the ‘criaderas’ of the old Bodegas Marques del Mérito. dating back to 1915.
Must from Palomino grapes is supplemented with alcohol up to 15º (encabezado) and then aged biologically, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’, which gives the wine fruity aromas and a taste of finesse.
In the second oxidative phase at 18º of alcohol, the wine acquires roundness of nose and taste and turns its color from amber to mahogany.
- Wine class: Generous wine
- Wine type: Jerez Amontillado
- Grape: Palomino
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Biologic, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’, and afterwards oxidative
- Age: More than 3 years, under the ‘Soleras and Criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 18º.
- Color: Old gold to mahogany
- Nose: Sharp and toned
- Taste: Sharp and light.
- Temperature: Serve at 14º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: White meat, blue fish, ham, cured cheese. With vegetables like asparagus and artichokes it can tender sublime moments.