PEDRO XIMENEZ VIEJA SOLERA VORS
93 Points by Robert Parker- WINE ADVOCATE
This wine’s aging has its origins in the old Bodegas ‘DIEZ HERMANOS”, established in 1.876. Grapes from the Pedro Ximenez variety are sun dried right after the recollection in a process called ‘pasificación’ (raisining). With this vinification the obtained must is dense and rich in glucose. After more than 30 years of aging in ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system, the original density and color increases, resulting in a dark and profound mahogany colored Sherry.
- Wine class: Natural sweet wine
- Wine type: Jerez Pedro Ximenez
- Grape: Pedro Ximenez
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Oxidative.
- Age: More than 30 years, under the ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 600 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 16%.
- Color: Dark Mahogany
- Nose: Pasified grape, dates, chocolate and coffee
- Taste: Smooth and sweet, full and intense.
- Temperature: Serve at 17º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Blue cheeses, pastries, and ice cream. Perfect for dessert.