This wine has its origins in Sanlucar de Barrameda, a sea side city near Jerez.
Must from Palomino grapes is supplemented with alcohol up to 15º (encabezado) and then aged biologically, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’, for at least 3 years in American oak casks.
This sherry is fed by the breezes from the sea, the river Guadalquivir and the National Park of ‘Doñana’, which gives it the sharp aroma, very slight bitterness, fruity nose and very pale gold color.
- Wine class: Generous wine
- Wine type: Manzanilla
- Grape: Palomino
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Biologic, under a velum produced by yeast, the so-called ‘flor’
- Age: More than 3 years, under the ‘Soleras y Criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 15%.
- Color: Pale gold
- Nose: Sharp, fruity
- Taste: Sharp, delicate.
- Temperature: Serve at 7º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Appetizers, soups, seafood, white fish or soft cheese.