PEDRO XIMENEZ PEMARTIN
This wine has its origins in the ‘criaderas’ of the old Bodegas Marques del Mérito. dating back to 1915.
Grapes from the Pedro Ximenez variety are sun dried in a process called ‘pasificación’ (raisining) and aged for more than 3 years in American oak casks using ‘Soleras and Criaderas’ system.
Wine characteristics are; dark mahogany color, raisins aroma and smooth, sweet, vigorous and full-bodied taste.
- Wine class: Natural sweet wine
- Wine type: Jerez Pedro Ximenez
- Grape: Pedro Ximenez
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior.
- Aging: Oxidative.
- Age: More than 3 years, under the ‘Soleras and criaderas’ system.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 15%.
- Color: Dark Mahogany.
- Nose: Pasified fruit.
- Taste: Sweet and smooth.
- Temperature: Serve at 14º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Blue cheese, pastry, sweets and ice cream.