This wine has its origins in the ‘criaderas’ of the old Bodegas Marques del Mérito. dating back to 1915.
Elaborated from Palomino grapes must, supplemented to 17º of alcohol (encabezado) and then aged in American oak casks under the ‘Soleras and Criaderas’ system for more than 3 years, thus acquiring the roundness of taste and nose.
Afterwards it is supplemented with a pinch of Pedro Ximenez that gives the characteristic smooth and sweetness.
- Wine class: Generous liqueur wine
- Wine type: Jerez Medium
- Grape: Palomino and Pedro Ximenez
- Soil: Albariza soil, Jerez Superior
- Aging: Oxidative.
- Age: More than 3 years.
- Wood: 500 liter American oak casks
- Alcohol: 17%.
- Color: Dark Mahogany.
- Nose: Sharp, full-bodied.
- Taste: Semi-sweet
- Temperature: Serve between 15 and 18º C. approx.
- Foodpairing: Pastry and ice cream.